Sunday 1 January 2012

What is that guy wearing?! Are those TOE SHOES??

"What the heck are those?"

"What the heck are those?" This is definitely what runs through ones mind when he or she sees someone wearing the Vibram FiveFingers or notices them on a shelf at a shoe store. I saw a pair at SportChek at the local mall, and to be honest those were the weirdest things I had ever ever seen, maybe because I've never seen something like that before. But now that I think of it, the're pretty cool. When I tried them on I felt like wasn't wearing any shoes and I could feel the ground completely, like i would when I don't have shoes on. They were light and pretty flexible. So I decided to do little bit of research on what was up with these shoes and what they were meant to do. At first I thought they were just for rock climbing, but it turns out it's meant for everything like everyday wear, running and even workout. I must say I was a little bit surprised to read that, I mean who would ever think those are running shoes? Who came up with this idea? He's a complete genius. Anyways so when I was looking up the details, I found out that that the reason these shoes were made was because traditional shoes get in the way of the optimum functionality of our feet. The functionality of our feet is maximized when we're barefoot. I mean most of you would have noticed you run faster with no shoes on, I know I run faster without my shoes. In fact, I run without shoes at some running events. We evolved without any shoes, so these shoes are made with the idea of evolution of mankind in mind. Since each of your toes are separated you have more toe room, you can easily spread them and they won't be constrained in your shoes like they are in regular shoes. You can move them whenever you want without having to take your shoes off. These shoes put the heels in neutral, flat position which is good and healthy for you. Apparently, this what the stars are wearing these days and I'm pretty sure I know why, they are extremely comfortable and you feel like you have no shoes on. You can imagine how it would feel to wear a pair of shoes like that. I want a pair of those ASAP. I'm pretty sure you will too!

3 comments: