Monday 16 January 2012

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Definitely the better one.

Wow, it's been quite a while since i published my last blog. WHAT IS GOING ON???
Well I think I know what it is.
IT'S EXAM WEEK NEXT WEEK and I am really stressed out. There's a lot to worry about especially because I am a grad. I need good grades to keep my admission at the university. By the way I did get into The University of New Brunswick. This is exciting. I'm really looking forward to it. Your own car, your room or apartment depending on what you chose to do. In my case, the university is just walking distance away so I'm pretty much staying home. It's definitely worth it as you'll be saving a lot of money throughout the year and eventually, depending on how many scholarships you have, you may just be out of the undergrad program debt free. That's what I'm looking at. Scholarships applications is such an hectic process. I literally have to stay up all night to finish these applications because of the number of essays you have to write.
Anyways to the topic. Guess what?!
I watched Sherlock Holmes. Doesn't surprise you does it? I know I have to study for exams but I had to give myself a little break. I'm sure you'd do that too. Don't you lie. Now, when you think of Sherlock Holmes, something pops into your head, a magnifying glass in one hand and a pipe in the other with Sherlock just doing boring discussions and figuring out cases, an image that had been put in every child's head. But like the first one this movie definitely wasn't that. Sherlock Holmes, who is played by Robert Downey Jr., like I said before, brings the funny to the movie, partners up with his long time companion Dr. Watson, who is played by Jude Law. They get drawn even deeper into Holmes manic quest to unravel the web of murder, corruption and blackmail that Moriarty, played by Jarred Harris, has woven. Dr. Watson, who is getting married, plans to leave his crime solving life behind. After Holmes gets hold of a few pivotal clues about Moriarty’s nefarious plot, the evil genius decides that he has been putting off the problem of Sherlock Holmes for far too long, and decides to strike at the detective by targeting those closest to him. Holmes convinces Dr. Watson to come along on this case and they begin their odyssey across Europe following each and very clue that leads them closer and closer to Moriarty. Even with Holmes wittiness, cleverness and allies, they find that Moriarty is always a step ahead of them. But eventually, after all the amazing action, gripping, witty and clever scenes, they end up killing him. Oops, SPOILER ALERT. A Game of Shadows retains most of the best qualities of the first film: Downey’s charm and sense of humor, the witty banter and strong chemistry between Holmes and Watson, the slow-motion sequences that illustrate Holmes’ analytical powers at work, which never fails to amaze me. Jarred Harris does an amazing job playing the villain Moriarty which makes me actually like him as a villain. Just saying.
Anyways, the story is gripping. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, it keeps giving you more and it definitely gives you more than you expected. It's funny as well, and not one of those old boring detective stories. It's a must watch and out of the two parts, I personally preferred A Game of Shadows. GO WATCH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment